... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Sunday morning
through Sunday afternoon for strong winds, low humidity and a high
fire danger for portions of fire weather zone 152...
... Red flag warning is cancelled for the rest of today for fire
weather zone 152...
The National Weather Service in Tucson has cancelled the red flag
warning today. While very strong winds will continue through the
evening hours tonight, relative humidity values are well above
critical fire weather thresholds, in the 20 to 30 percent range
at most locations. Light rainfall moving into this area will
continue to increase relative humidity values this afternoon.
* Affected area... Fire Weather Watch for portions of fire weather
* Timing... the watch is in effect late Sunday morning and afternoon.
* Winds... on Sunday, expect southwest winds of 15 to 25 mph with
gusts to near 35 mph.
* Relative humidity... minimum humidity levels will lower to 6 to
12 percent on Sunday.
* Impacts... any fires that develop or are ongoing will have the
potential to spread rapidly, especially in areas with a heavy
dead grass fuel bed.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
weather.Gov/Tucson and click on the detailed hazards icon.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of the Fire Weather Watch for portions of Southeast
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Galiuro and Pinaleno Mountains including Mount Graham Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 2:13 PM MDT Mar. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service