... Red flag warning in effect from 6 am Sunday to 6 PM PDT
Tuesday for strong gusty winds and low humidity...
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 6 am Sunday to 6 PM PDT Tuesday.
The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Wind... for Sunday... areas of northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with
gusts to 35 near the coastal foothills and below passes and
canyons. Stronger and more widespread winds for Monday and
Tuesday with northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 55 mph.
* Humidity... lowest daytime humidity of 5 to 10 percent Sunday...
and around 5 percent Monday and Tuesday with poorest overnight
recovery in the windier areas near the coastal foothills.
* Timing... through Tuesday... with the most extreme combination of
low humidity... stronger and more widespread winds... and heat on
Monday and Tuesday.
* Outlook... winds will weaken Wednesday with some improvement in
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly...
especially Monday and Tuesday. Outdoor burning is not
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Diego County Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 12:58 PM PDT Oct. 21, 2017 – National Weather Service