... Winter Storm Warning in effect from noon today to 6 am PDT
Sunday above 2500 feet...
* what... heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 12 to 18
inches over the mountains with 4 to 8 inches at the lower
elevations are expected, including Burney and Quincy. Local
accumulations up to 3 feet are possible over the peaks.
* Where... Burney Basin/eastern Shasta County, mountains
southwestern Shasta County to Northern Lake County and western
Plumas County/Lassen park.
* When... noon today to 6 am Sunday.
* Additional details... be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times. Significant travel delays likely.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow means there will be snow covered
roads and limited visibilities. Travel is not recommended while
the warning is in effect. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency.The latest Road conditions for the state you are
calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Plumas County/Lassen Park Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 3:30 AM PDT Mar. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 4:07 PM PDT Mar. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Forecast flooding increased from minor to moderate severity...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Middle Fork feather river near Portola.
* From Friday afternoon to Monday evening.
* At 3:30 PM Thursday the stage was 6.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 8.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by early Friday afternoon and
continue to rise to near 10.0 feet by late Saturday morning. The
river will fall below flood stage by early Monday morning.
* Impact... at 10.0 feet, minor to moderate flooding of lowlands,
structures, and roads from Beckwourth to Sloat, including Portola.
Sleepy pines motel and other low structures along river in Portola
may begin to flood. River nears the foundation of veterans Hall in
Portola. CA Hwy 89 near Clio may become flooded, if inflow
increases from Sulphur creek. Similar to the flood of January 2017,
but significantly below the February 2017 flood.
Lat... Lon 3988 12071 3983 12038 3981 12039 3972 12058 3985 12072