... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 PM Sunday to 10 am
* what... snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 10
inches mainly west of Highway 89 above 7000 feet with up to 15
inches on the crest. 2 to 4 inches possible around lake level.
* Where... greater Lake Tahoe area.
* When... from 6 PM Sunday to 10 am PST Monday.
* Additional details... travel could be very difficult across the
Sierra passes. Strong winds could produce tree damage and
possible power outages.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Expect snow covered roads
and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest Road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Greater Lake Tahoe Area Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:51 PM PST Dec. 15, 2018 – National Weather Service
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 3:37 AM PST Dec. 16, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Lake Wind Advisory remains in effect from 10 am this morning
to 6 PM PST this evening for Lake Tahoe...
* changes: none.
* Winds: south-southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Wave heights: 2 to 4 feet. Highest along northern shores.
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to
capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.