... Winter Storm Watch above 2000 feet in effect from Tuesday
afternoon through Wednesday morning...
* what... heavy snow above 2000 feet possible. Total snow
accumulations of 3 to 8 inches with localized amounts up to 15
inches are possible.
* Where... Interstate 5 near Siskiyou Summit and Hilt. State Route
89 at snowmans Summit. And Sawyers Bar Road between Etna and
* When... heaviest snow will fall Tuesday afternoon through
* Additional details... slippery snow covered roads and reduced
visibilities will be possible. Plan on difficult travel
* stock emergency kit with tire chains, flashlight, batteries,
blankets, food, water, and medications.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* Plan now to avoid traveling during the storm.
* A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow accumulations that may create dangerous travel.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central Siskiyou County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 2:58 PM PST Dec. 17, 2017 – National Weather Service