... High wind watch remains in effect from Saturday afternoon
through Sunday afternoon...
* winds... winds are expected to increase to 30 to 45 mph with
possible gusts to 70 mph late Saturday through Sunday.
* Timing... winds will increase Saturday afternoon into Sunday.
* Locations include... Highway 31 between Paisley and Summer
Lake. Cedar Pass on Hwy 299, the Warner Mountains and higher
elevations of Lake County.
* Impacts... travel could become dangerous for high profile
vehicles, tree fall may occur, and power outages are possible.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Modoc County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Watch
Issued: 4:58 AM PST Nov. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service