... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 10 PM this evening to
10 am PST Sunday...
A Wind Advisory remains in effect from 10 PM this evening to
10 am PST Sunday.
* Timing: 10 PM Friday to 10 am Sunday
* location: elevations above 1,000 feet in the San Francisco and
Monterey Bay region.
* Winds: northerly winds of 20 to 35 mph with local gusts over
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Mountains Of San Benito County And Interior Monterey County Including Pinnacles National Monument Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 1:58 PM PST Dec. 15, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 1:21 PM PST Dec. 15, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 10 PM this evening to
10 am PST Sunday for gusty winds and low relative humidity...
* wind... northerly winds of 15 to 30 mph with local gusts over
50 mph. Strongest gusts will be over the North Bay mountains
and East Bay hills.
* Humidity... minimum humidity readings of 10 to 20% during the
day. Nighttime maximum humidity readings will likely recover
early in the night then drop of 25 to 35%.
* Highest threat... elevations above 1000 ft, especially the
North Bay mountains and East Bay hills.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.