... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon MDT
Wednesday above 9000 feet...
* locations include... Taylor Park and Trappers Lake.
* Timing... snow will continue through late Wednesday morning
with lulls along with periods of moderate to heavy snow at
* Snow accumulation... additional 3 to 5 inches expected overnight
with storm total snowfall ranging from 5 to 10 inches.
* Snow level... around 8000 feet this evening, dropping to mountain
bases by morning.
* Winds... north to northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Impacts... icy and snow packed roads are expected overnight,
especially at elevations above 9000 feet. Visibility will also
be reduced to under one mile at times near heavier snow showers.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
West Elk and Sawatch Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:46 PM MDT Mar. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service