... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 9 am MDT this
* location... the eastern San Juan Mountains above 10000 feet,
the La Garita Mountains above 10000 feet, the Sawatch Range
above 11000 feet and the Mosquito Range above 11000 feet.
* Cause and timing... an intense storm over southeast Colorado this
morning will move slowly into Kansas this afternoon.
* Snow accumulation... 4 to 8 inches.
* Wind... southwest 15 to 30 mph today. Northwest at 20 to 40
gusting to 50 mph overnight.
* Impact... conditions will be hazardous due to periods of heavy,
blowing snow and poor visibilities. Slushy or snow covered
roads and poor visibilities will make travel difficult.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and
blowing snow. Use caution when traveling, especially in open
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Mosquito Range/East Lake County Above 11000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:05 AM MDT Mar. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service