... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until noon MDT
* location... the northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the Wet
Mountain Valley and the Wet Mountains.
* Cause and timing... snow levels will fall to around 6000 feet
overnight, with periods of heavy snow across the region
through Wednesday morning.
* Snow accumulation... 6 to 12 inches, with the heaviest amounts
on northeast facing slopes.
* Wind... northeast at 15 to 30 mph resulting in areas of blowing
snow and poor visibility.
* Impact... travel will be hazardous due to heavy snow, blowing
snow, poor visibilities and snow covered roads.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected. Significant amounts of snow are forecast
that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If
you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains above 11000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 10:56 PM MDT Mar. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service