... Winter Storm Warning in effect from noon today to noon MDT
The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for snow, which is in effect from noon today to noon MDT
Wednesday. This upgrades and replaces the Winter Storm Watch that
was in effect.
* Location... Pikes Peak... the northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains
above 11000 feet... and the Wet Mountains above 10000 feet.
* Cause and timing... a very moist storm system will track slowly
east across central New Mexico into Texas through Wednesday.
* Snow accumulation... 1 to 2 feet with higher amounts possible.
* Wind... becoming northeast 20 to 40 mph tonight and Wednesday.
* Impact... travel will be hazardous due to heavy snowfall, poor
visibilities and snow covered roads.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected. Significant amounts of snow are forecast
that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If
you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your
vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Pikes Peak above 11000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 5:38 AM MDT Mar. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service