The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Oconee river near Dublin.
* From this afternoon until Sunday morning.
* At 5 am Friday the stage was 20.8 feet... and rising.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 21.0 feet.
* Forecast to rise above flood stage by late this afternoon and
continue to rise to near 21.2 feet by tomorrow morning.The river
will fall below flood stage by early Sunday morning.
* At 21.0 feet... flood stage is reached. Minor flooding begins in The
Woodlands and natural flood plain along the river upstream and
downstream from the gage on U.S. Highway 80.
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 21.1 feet on Apr 24 1969.
Lat... Lon 3265 8298 3267 8289 3257 8284 3238 8268
3236 8277 3254 8293
315 am EST Fri Dec 14 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
the Oconee river near Oconee.
* Until further notice.
* At 2 am Friday the stage was 20.0 feet... and falling.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* The river will continue to fall to near 17.0 feet, but then rise
again due to the additional rainfall expected today and Saturday.
* At 21.0 feet... moderate flooding begins. The dirt parking lot by
the old Balls Ferry Road boat ramp is under one to three feet of
water. The end of old Balls Ferry Road begins to flood. Flooding
continues and spreads further into The Woodlands near the river.
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 19.8 feet on Dec 14 2008.
Lat... Lon 3284 8303 3288 8298 3279 8292 3267 8289
3265 8298 3278 8300
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Johnson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 6:43 AM EST Dec. 14, 2018 – National Weather Service