The Flood Warning continues for
the Altamaha river at Charlotteville.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:45 PM Monday the stage was 13.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 13.9 feet by
tomorrow evening then begin falling.
* Impact... at 13.0 feet... flood stage is reached. Minor flooding
occurs in The Woodlands along the river upstream and downstream
from the gage on the U.S. Highway 221 bridge. The water reaches the
top of the public boat ramp by the bridge. Flood waters expand in
low lying areas in south Montgomery County around 1.5 miles
upstream from the gage. The water will begin to cover portions of
Three Rivers Lane... Altamaha River Road and Ogle sandbar Road.
* Impact... at 11.0 feet... bankfull conditions occur along the river
upstream and downstream from the gage on the U.S. Highway 221
bridge. Some flooding begins in low lying areas around 1.5 miles
upstream from the gage in south Montgomery County. The water will
approach portions of Three Rivers Lane... Altamaha River Road and
Ogle sandbar Road.
Fld observed 7am EST / 8am EDT forecast
location stg stg day time Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
charlottevi 13 13.9 Mon 09 PM 13.9 13.6 13.4 13.4 /
Lat... Lon 3199 8254 3200 8243 3194 8243 3194 8255
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Montgomery Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:29 PM EST Dec. 10, 2018 – National Weather Service