The Flood Warning continues for
the Illinois River at Valley City
* until further notice.
* At 8:00 PM Saturday the stage was 14.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to remain near 14.6 feet the next several days.
Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* Impact: at 14.0 feet... the Road to norbut fish and wildlife area is
Fld latest 6 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 02/24 02/25 02/26 02/27 02/28
Valley City 14.0 14.59 14.6 14.6 14.6 14.6 14.6
Lat... Lon 3977 9067 3977 9053 3952 9052 3952 9064
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Pike Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:48 PM CST Feb. 23, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 10:57 PM CST Feb. 23, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory now in effect until 6 PM CST Sunday...
* winds... west 20 to 30 mph with gusts over 50 mph.
* Timing... late tonight through early Sunday evening.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are possible. Travel could be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles on north-south
oriented roads and highways. These winds could also lift and
move trash cans, lawn furniture, and other loose outdoor
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
30 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 45 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use
caution until the winds diminish.