The Flood Warning continues for
the Calcasieu River near Glenmora.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:45 PM Friday the stage was 15.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 17.5 feet by
tomorrow early afternoon then begin falling.
* Impact... at stages near 18.0 feet... numerous roads near the river
are closed, including Highway 112 which is flooded for about 1.5
miles between Highway 121 and Beechwood church. Major flood damage
downstream will occur downstream of the gauge.
* Impact... at stages near 16.0 feet... when the river is rising and
forecast to reach 16 feet, portions of Highway 112 between Highway
121 and Beechwood church is subject to flooding.
Lat... Lon 3115 9275 3105 9265 3090 9262 3090 9269 3113 9279
849 PM CST Fri Feb 23 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
the Red River near Alexandria.
* From Monday afternoon until further notice... or until the warning
* At 7:00 PM Friday the stage was 25.3 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 32.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by Monday afternoon and continue
to rise to near 36.5 feet by Thursday evening.
* Impact... at stages near 35.0 feet... considerable overflow below
Alexandria to the confluence with the Black River occurs. Backwater
flooding worsens along inflow bayous that drain into the Red River.
* Impact... at stages near 33.0 feet... backwater flooding begins
along bayou Maria and Huffman creeks east of Pineville.
* Impact... at stages near 32.0 feet... flooding of lowland areas near
the river occurs and recreational boating is affected.
* Impact... at stages near 31.0 feet... some of the outfall canals are
slowed or not allowed to drain into the river between 31 and 32
feet. Depending on rainfall this could cause flooding along some of
the bayous, especially along bayou rigolette.
* Impact... at stages near 28.0 feet... overflow occurs on Floodway
side of levee from gauge to Acme. Recreational boaters should use
extreme caution due to High River flows.
* Impact... at stages near 23.0 feet... when the river reaches 23 feet
with a predicted continual rise, the public boat ramps in Rapides
and Avoyelles parishes will close. These include the ramps at
Boyce, Fort Buhlow, Alexandria levee park, lock and dam #2,
Brouillette and Ben routh recreation areas.
Lat... Lon 3125 9227 3138 9185 3122 9173 3105 9223
3143 9285 3160 9271
1124 am CST Thu Feb 22 2018
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
north central Rapides Parish in central Louisiana...
* until 1115 am CST Tuesday
* at 1118 am CST, heavy rains over the watershed of bayou rigolette.
Will likely cause significant rises on The Bayou. This in
combination of rises expected on the Red River. Flooding may
become more of a concern over the next several days.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
Lat... Lon 3140 9244 3135 9240 3132 9245 3135 9246
3134 9249 3136 9249 3136 9254 3138 9257
3138 9260 3137 9263 3139 9263 3142 9248
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Rapides Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Issued: 8:49 PM CST Feb. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service