... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 9 am CST
* what... very cold wind chills expected. The cold wind chills can
cause frostbite in as little as 30 minutes to exposed skin.
Expect wind chills to range from 5 to 15 degrees above zero.
* Where... southeast Louisiana, southwest Mississippi and southern
* When... now to 9 am Thursday.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Tangipahoa Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 9:47 PM CST Jan. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
Hard Freeze Warning
Issued: 9:43 PM CST Jan. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Hard freeze warning remains in effect until 11 am CST
* temperature... temperatures below freezing with lows dropping
into mid teens to mid 20s.
* Duration... most locations will not rise above freezing until
late morning Thursday.
A hard freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are
imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and
other sensitive vegetation.