* winds... west 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Timing... tonight through Wednesday morning. Strongest winds are
likely to occur this evening.
* Impacts... isolated power outages are possible. Travel will be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* Grassland fire danger... the combination of strong winds, low
humidity of 25-35 percent and mild temperatures will create
elevated fire danger in low elevation grassland areas.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph, or gusts
of 58 mph or more, can lead to property damage.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Glacier Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 2:36 PM MST Dec. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service