... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 3 am MDT Friday...
* location... much of western New Mexico, the upper and lower Rio
Grande and lower Chama river valleys, central and south
* Winds... southerly 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... winds will continue to increase this afternoon and
peak this evening before tapering off overnight.
* Visibility... locally reduced in areas of blowing dust.
* Local impacts... strong cross winds will create difficult
travel on east to west oriented roadways, including Interstate
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southwest Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:38 PM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 7:55 PM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 10 am to 9 PM MDT
Friday for low humidity and high winds for fire weather zones 110
The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has
issued a red flag warning, which is in effect from 10 am MDT Friday
to 9 PM MDT Friday evening.
* Wind... west to southwest at 20 to 30 mph.
* Humidity... 8 to 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.