... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 3 am MDT Friday...
* location... much of western New Mexico, the upper and lower Rio
Grande and lower Chama river valleys, central and south
* Winds... southerly 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... winds will continue to increase this afternoon and
peak this evening before tapering off overnight.
* Visibility... locally reduced in areas of blowing dust.
* Local impacts... strong cross winds will create difficult
travel on east to west oriented roadways, including Interstate
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Upper Rio Grande Valley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:38 PM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service