The Flood Warning continues for
the Humboldt River at Battle Mountain.
* Until further notice.
* At 6:15 am Wednesday the stage was 10.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Impact... at 10.5 feet... moderate lowland flooding throughout reach,
with a number of rural roads impassable. No homes or basements
flooded. Livestock stranding and miring begins to be a problem.
3400 cfs, about a 5 year flood, 20 percent chance any year.
Lat... Lon 4074 11638 4055 11649 4060 11691 4076 11710 4093 11704
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Lander County and Northern Eureka County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 7:02 AM PDT Mar. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 2:33 AM PDT Mar. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 11 am to 8 PM PDT
* winds... northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase Thursday morning with the
strongest winds from late morning through mid-afternoon.
* Impacts... strong gusty winds will make driving challenging,
especially those driving vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles. Secure loose outdoor items such as trash
cans and outdoor furniture.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 mph with gusts
in excess of 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make
driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use
Nearby Radar Stations
- Battle Mountain
- Buckingham Camp
- Copper Basin
- Crescent Valley
- Dewitt Mill
- Gold Acres
- Gold Quartz
- Lower Gimmel Field
- North Battle Mountain
- Slaughterhouse Field
- Thomas Place
- Upper Gimmel Field