... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am this morning to 9 PM CDT
this evening for strong winds and low relative humidity for all of
the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles...
The National Weather Service in Amarillo has issued a red flag
warning for strong winds and low relative humidity, which is in
effect from 11 am this morning to 9 PM CDT this evening. The Fire
Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... in Oklahoma... Beaver. In Texas... Ochiltree...
Lipscomb... Roberts... Hemphill... gray... Wheeler... Donley and
* 20 foot winds... westerly 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Relative humidity... 9 to 15 percent.
* Red flag threat index... 3 to 7
* timing... peaking from 12 PM to around 9 PM.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create favorable weather for rapid fire growth and spread. Avoid
activities that promote open flames and Sparks.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Beaver Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:50 AM CDT Mar. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service