... Red flag warning in effect from noon Friday to 9 PM CDT this
evening for breezy winds and low relative humidity for western
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a red flag
warning for breezy winds and low relative humidity, which is in
effect from noon Friday to 9 PM CDT Friday evening. The Fire
Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing... noon Friday until 9 PM Friday evening.
* Winds... south 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... 12 to 20 percent.
* Temperatures... in the lower 90s.
* Impacts... if fires start, they will be difficult to contain.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Alfalfa Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:29 AM CDT Mar. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service