... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 4 PM PST this
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM PST this
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Sunday morning
through late Sunday night...
* what... heavy snow expected. Through this afternoon, total snow
accumulations of 3 to 6 inches, with localized amounts up to 9
inches, expected in the warning area. Total snow accumulations
of 2 to 3 inches are expected in the advisory area.
* What... heavy snow possible. Sunday morning through Sunday night,
total snow accumulations of 8 to 16 inches.
* Where: the warning area includes Toketee Falls, Highway 138 east
of Steamboat, and elevations above roughly 2000 feet. The
advisory area includes all other locations within the eastern
Douglas County foothills. The watch area includes Highway 138
east of Steamboat and elevations above 2000 feet.
* When... for the Winter Storm Warning and advisory, through 4 PM
PST this afternoon. For the Winter Storm Watch, from Sunday
morning through late Sunday night.
* Additional details... plan on slippery roads and difficult
travel conditions. Be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* See https://www.Tripcheck.Com or dial 511 for latest Road
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take protective
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties.
* A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Douglas County Foothills Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 4:56 AM PST Feb. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service