... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am PDT this morning until
11 PM PDT this evening for abundant lightning on dry fuels for
fire weather zones 624 and 625...
... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am PDT Wednesday morning
until 11 PM PDT Wednesday evening for abundant lightning on dry
fuels for fire weather zones 624 and 625...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a red flag
warning from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Wednesday.
* Impacts: lightning and high fire danger will likely result in
new fire starts. Gusty thunderstorm winds could contribute to
fire spread. Despite rainfall, initial attack resources could
be overwhelmed and holdover fires are possible.
* Affected area: in northern CA fire zones... 284 and 285.
* Counties affected: in northern CA... Modoc... eastern Siskiyou.
* Thunderstorms: scattered thunderstorms with lightning activity
level of 3. Lightning activity level of 4 is possible in the
higher terrain areas. Wetting rains will occur with some storms
but there will be strikes outside of wetting rains.
* Timing: thunderstorms are expected to become scattered this
afternoon and diminish to isolated overnight and then increase
again to scattered coverage Wednesday afternoon.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. Scattered thunderstorms
combined with dry fuels create conditions where many fire starts
may occur in a short period of time.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central and Eastern Lake County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 5:02 AM PDT Jul. 25, 2017 – National Weather Service