... Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this
evening for abundant lightning and gusty outflow winds for fire
weather zones 611, 640, and 642...
* affected area... Oregon fire weather zone 642, and southern
sections of Oregon fire weather zones 611 and 640.
* Timing... through this evening.
* Lightning activity level... 3, meaning scattered thunderstorms.
* Precipitation... very light, mainly 0.05 inches or less
* impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
1029 am PDT sun Jul 15 2018
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening
for abundant lightning on dry fuels for fire weather zones 285...
624 and 625...
* impacts: while wetting rain may occur under the cores of
thunderstorms, abundant lightning on dry fuels may produce
numerous new starts that pose a threat to life and property, and
may overwhelm initial attack capabilities.
* Affected area: eastern fire weather zone 285 in California,
and all of fire weather zones 624 and 625 in Oregon, including
the Fremont-Winema and Modoc National forests.
* Thunderstorms: ongoing through this afternoon and evening.
Lightning coverage is expected to increase to scattered as the
* Wind: northwest 10 to 15 mph, but gusty and erratic winds are
possible in the vicinity of showers and thunderstorms.
* View the hazard area in detail at
Abundant lightning on existing very dry fuels could cause numerous
new fire ignitions. Gusty and erratic outflow winds could also
create extreme fire growth potential.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central and Eastern Lake County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:28 PM PDT Jul. 15, 2018 – National Weather Service