... Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this
evening for abundant lightning and gusty outflow winds for fire
weather zones 611, 640, and 642...
* affected area... Oregon fire weather zone 642, and southern
sections of Oregon fire weather zones 611 and 640.
* Timing... through this evening.
* Lightning activity level... 3, meaning scattered thunderstorms.
* Precipitation... very light, mainly 0.05 inches or less
* impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Blue Mountains of Oregon Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:28 PM PDT Jul. 15, 2018 – National Weather Service