... Red flag warning in effect from noon to 10 PM PDT Wednesday
for abundant lightning and gusty outflow winds for fire weather
zones 642, 644, and Oregon zone 645...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from noon to 10 PM PDT Wednesday. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... in Oregon... fire weather zones 642, 644 and 645.
* Timing... Wednesday afternoon and evening.
* Lightning activity level... 3.
* Precipitation... one quarter to one third of an inch.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Ochoco-John Day Highlands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:24 PM PDT Aug. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service