The Flood Warning continues for
the James River near Scotland.
* Until Tuesday afternoon.
* At 02am Friday the stage was 14.51 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.00 feet.
* Recent activity... the river rose above flood stage on Thursday
* Forecast... the river will rise to 15.7 feet by Saturday September
* At stages near 15.5 feet... 431st Avenue is flooded where it crosses
the river in northwestern Yankton County.
Lat... Lon 4338 9777 4340 9763 4321 9755 4308 9736
4308 9750 4317 9769
1231 am CDT Fri Sep 21 2018
The National Weather Service in Sioux Falls has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
southwestern Lyon County in northwestern Iowa...
Sioux County in northwestern Iowa...
Clay County in northwestern Iowa...
O'Brien County in northwestern Iowa...
northern Clay County in southeastern South Dakota...
Lincoln County in southeastern South Dakota...
Yankton County in southeastern South Dakota...
Turner County in southeastern South Dakota...
northern Union County in southeastern South Dakota...
Hutchinson County in southeastern South Dakota...
* until 1230 am CDT Saturday.
* At 1229 am CDT, emergency management continued to report Road and
field flooding across the warned area.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Yankton, Spencer in Clay County, Sioux Center, Orange City,
Sheldon, Canton, Hawarden, Beresford, Parker, Harrisburg, Tea, Rock
Valley, Hull, Lennox, Hartley, Sanborn, Freeman, Alton, Paullina
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
Lat... Lon 4292 9495 4291 9764 4317 9764 4317 9787
4350 9787 4347 9680 4325 9585 4322 9494
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Hutchinson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Issued: 2:43 AM CDT Sep. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service