... Wind Advisory now in effect until 3 PM CDT this afternoon...
* winds... westerly at 30 to 40 mph, with gusts to around 55 mph
this morning. Then becoming northwest at 25 to 35 mph with
gusts to 45 mph early this afternoon.
* Impacts... strong Crosswinds will make driving difficult for
high profile vehicles and compact cars.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 to 39 mph are
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Castro Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:15 AM CDT Mar. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 10:23 PM CDT Mar. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 7 am CDT Monday
for strong winds and low relative humidity for the South
Plains... rolling plains and the far southern Panhandle...
* wind... west at 20 to 35 mph with occasional gusts to 45 mph.
* Humidity... 15 to 25 percent.
* Impacts... wildfires can spread rapidly in these conditions.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are occurring. Avoid the use of open flames or Sparks outdoors.