The Flood Warning continues for
the Okanogan river near Tonasket.
* Until further notice.
* At 3:15 PM Tuesday the stage was 16.89 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.00 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river is expected to continue to continue falling
through Wednesday morning and then rise to near 17.9 feet on Sunday
and then begin falling.
* At 19.0 feet... water may be into homes along the river in and near
* At 18.0 feet... water will be approaching homes along the river in
and near Tonasket. Major flooding of surrounding cropland is
likely. Some homes and buildings adjacent to the river will
experience some basement and first floor flooding.
* At 17.0 feet... low lying fields and pasture land in the flood plain
along the Okanogan River Valley, from Oroville to Okanogan, will be
flooded. Some homes near the river in Okanogan may experience some
basement flooding from seepage. Water will be between the Railroad
and Highway 97 near Cordell, south of Oroville. Water will be
against The Shoulder of Omak River Road across from wanacut creek.
* At 16.0 feet... pasture land between Rodeo track Road and Benton
street, on the east side of the river near Omak, will begin to
* At 15.0 feet... minor flooding of low-lying areas is likely between
Oroville and Tonasket.
Lat... Lon 4895 11945 4893 11932 4825 11951 4832 11968 4895 11945
1238 PM PDT Tue may 22 2018
... A Flood Warning for snowmelt remains in effect until 415 PM PDT
Friday for northeastern Okanogan County...
Water levels are receeding on Osoyoos Lake but water levels remain
high with ongoing flooding. Small rises in the lake level are
possible later this week.
Flooding impacts that can be expected include:
Flooding of Osoyoos Lake veteran's Memorial Park
flooding of low-lying Lake Shore property.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
Lat... Lon 4895 11941 4894 11945 4900 11948 4900 11942
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Okanogan Valley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Issued: 3:44 PM PDT May. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service