New +1 Rating System for WunderPhotos

By: Michelle Schlachta , 6:25 PM GMT on May 30, 2014

Since launching the new WU design, we've been hard at work to address your concerns. The #1 request from fans of WunderPhotos has been to replace the 1-10 rating system with a feature that is simpler and more friendly. So, we have replaced the scoring mechanism with a “like-only” feature. Now, if you like a photo you can just click the “plus” button. Here’s how the new rating system works:

- You can plus a photo.
- You can only plus a photo once.
- You can see a list of people who have plus'd the photo.
- Old 1-10 ratings are converted into plus' through an algorithm

We hope everyone will embrace this change as a more friendly way to say “I like your photo”. The WU community uploads hundreds of exceptional images of weather, nature and the outdoors each day. If you see a photo that you don't necessarily love, we encourage you to check out the entire collection of WunderPhotos on the site. Put a +1 on the photos you like, and add them to your favorites (by clicking the star button) if you want to save them to your profile.

Reader Comments

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 127 - 77

Page: 1 | 2 | 3Blog Index

127. Michelle Schlachta , Community Manager (Admin)
7:54 PM GMT on March 29, 2017
Quoting 126. WU_947352:

I'm curious why my barometric measurements are consistently lower than other stations in my area. My barometer range is typically 950-980. I see no stations, and there are stations from sea level to 4000 ft., that ever dip below 1000. I am at 1575 ft with relatively high humidity, rarely below 60%, but high humidity is normal in east Hawaii. My neighbor's equipment measures consistenly with mine, so I don't think it is equipment. I confess my knowledge of b pressure is limited to alt, temp and humidity and also is 40 points all that significant?
We sent you a message via our support queue - please check your email, thanks!
126. WU_947352
6:00 AM GMT on March 29, 2017
Member Since: December 31, 1969 Posts: Comments:
125. Michelle Schlachta , Community Manager (Admin)
6:10 PM GMT on March 22, 2017
Quoting 124. WU_031352:

I have been using the following webcal address to update the weather information on my calendar. It stopped updating since Monday. Is it also a temporary database issue or a permanent shut-down?

webcal://ical.wunderground.com/auto/ical/state/ci ty.ics
The iCal feature was recently disabled and will not be returning. Apologies for the inconvenience!
124. WU_031352
3:29 PM GMT on March 22, 2017

webcal://ical.wunderground.com/auto/ical/state/ci ty.ics
123. RenoSoHill
11:00 PM GMT on March 13, 2017
Same here - many interruptions over the last week - usually corrects itself
Member Since: December 31, 1969 Posts: Comments:
122. Michelle Schlachta , Community Manager (Admin)
6:19 PM GMT on March 13, 2017
We experienced a database issue yesterday that has been resolved. This affected the station being linked with your account but if you logout and log back in it should be fixed now. Apologies for the inconvenience!
121. chsa1960
5:41 PM GMT on March 12, 2017
Working now. What a way to run a railroad!
120. chsa1960
5:38 PM GMT on March 12, 2017
I am also experiencing PWS data posting issues. Glad I looked here because there is no other information out there that is readily available. My system is unable to connect to WU's server.
119. MrMarkel
5:35 PM GMT on March 12, 2017
PWS are back. Temporary outage. I would have preferred a technical notification of the problem and resolution though.
118. WU_880052
5:02 PM GMT on March 12, 2017
It looks like there is a widespread outage of personal weather stations this morning. Any official statement on what is going on and how we get things back online?
117. MrSnake
4:50 PM GMT on March 12, 2017
Whats up with this site??? Says my station is not registered. I've been a member here for 2 yrs with no probs, but today there is no reading sending to you all! It's sending to My Dashboard on acurite but not to Wunderground!!
116. WU_651152
4:21 PM GMT on March 12, 2017

Hi.
Good morning i have just noticed my weather station is not registering temperature and not responding on weather underground web page i set it up
Friday and was working fine yesterday and this morning, my smart hub is working no internet problem is anyone else having the same problem
thanks, Anthony
113. whitewabit
9:13 PM GMT on January 06, 2017
already today I have 4 comments that are floating some where in space .. when you hit the enter bar ones comment should show up in their comments .. this has been on going for months .. not something that is just recent and it still hasn't been fixed ..

Always seem there is someone else to blame other then WU ...

112. whitewabit
9:09 PM GMT on January 06, 2017
Quoting 99. sensitivethug:

Wab, I can see your blogs - are you still seeing that message?

if you notice I complained about the same problem Dec 4 .. been a month and nothing has been done to fix the problem for it to be going on this long saying they can't find the problem is not cutting it .. have they even looked ??\
A month with the same continuous problem is way too long .. other sites don't have nearly the problems WU has and the people here would like to know when it will be up graded to the reliability of other sites on the web !!!!
111. StormDrain
12:16 AM GMT on January 06, 2017
Another comment from Jeff Masters about the blog glitches.
110. StormDrain
9:32 PM GMT on January 05, 2017
FWIW...Apparently Jeff Masters posted this in his blog comments today:
"Sorry for the continued problems with the blogs. The admins are looking at it again, but the issue is difficult to resolve since we are transitioning to serving our pages from a 3rd-party source (Amazon Web Services) that doesn't give us the sort of diagnostics we need to really dig into the issue. In the longer term, we are committed to junking the entire blog software system in about three months, and will transition to a 3rd party blog software system called Drupal."
Jeff Masters

Considering the above, doubtful anything's gonna change real quick. Will take a while to get the parallel universe built. And maybe we will find no (member) blogs there. lpl
109. StormDrain
9:31 PM GMT on January 05, 2017
Far as I am concerned, the worst problem in blogville is clicking on a blog title on the "MemberBlog Directory / active blog page and being taken to a message, "This entry has been removed."

This happens because something, whatever it is, flips the click to the blog owner's first blog. Some of those first entries have been removed. But the current entry has not. Funnier, even though the old blog is removed its title appears on the browser tab.
108. nrtiwlnvragn
8:55 PM GMT on January 05, 2017
Last big problem was with summary blogs, maybe look why blogs dated later when looking by category that when looking by show. Dec 19 one way Dec 7 the other.
107. WunderPhotoAdmin (Admin)
7:59 PM GMT on January 05, 2017
Hey guys - developers are aware of these issues you mention and are working to find the culprit and resolve them. Your patience in the meantime is highly appreciated. Big apologies for any inconvenience this is causing anyone.
106. whitewabit
6:01 PM GMT on January 05, 2017
I see the same errors happening again today .. 3rd time I've gotten this error message while just reading my blog comments !!! Why ????

WunderBlog®
New Blog
News & Blogs
Category 6™
Weather Blogs
News Stories
Infographics
Posters
My Blog
My Favorite Blogs
Error!
There was a problem opening this user's Wunder Blog files. Please try again later or check the requested URL.
View the blog directory.
105. whitewabit
7:54 PM GMT on January 04, 2017
had to write a comment 3 times before it showed up .. I log in and click my blog and I'm taken to one of my blogs from years ago .. while reading a blog I was kicked out of the blog with a screen say an error occur when I had not done anything but scroll the page ..

the Gremlins aren't being fixed and the thought on the blogs is the programmers you now have working are not competent enough to fix the problems !!

So when will anything be done ??
104. sandiquiz
5:58 PM GMT on January 04, 2017
The blog title on the blog list takes you back to the members' first blog 50% of the time - now getting totally frustrating.

The error notice when you try to post a comment is happening 50% of the time and another 25% the comment doesn't post... it disappears into the ether! The favourite cities we picked occasionally show cities not chosen as favourites.

I have been a paid up member for 11 years, but this last couple of months the issues and glitches are really beginning to get "old"!

Come on WUnderground - sort it out!!!
101. BaltimoreBrian
11:59 PM GMT on December 05, 2016
I've had the same thing happen as whitewabit--notices I don't have any blog entries or that my current entry doesn't exist. Those notifications sometimes appear when I post a comment in my blog. Sometimes the comment is eaten and I have to post it again. Refreshing--sometimes 2 or 3 times, has always brought my blog back. It was disconcerting the first time it happened, but it's a minor annoyance, not a crisis.
Member Since: December 31, 1969 Posts: Comments:
100. Michelle Schlachta , Community Manager (Admin)
10:12 PM GMT on December 05, 2016
Quoting 97. mwearl:

Sorry if this has been asked but I'm not seeing a place to search previous posts. Since Adobe Flash is being phased out and Google Chrome will soon not display by default, I'm wondering if someone has written an HTML5 version of the plugin like the one I use on my website that has my webcam embedded in it.
Hendersonville Weather Station
We don't have an HTML5 version of that plugin. Sorry for any inconvenience!
99. Michelle Schlachta , Community Manager (Admin)
7:11 PM GMT on December 05, 2016
Quoting 98. whitewabit:

Why ( am I ) are we getting this ??

Category 6%u2122
Weather Blogs
News Stories
Infographics
Posters
My Blog
My Favorite Blogs
whitewabit's WunderBlog
No entries have been made.
Welcome to your blog!
This is the homepage of your own personal Wunder Blog. However, you haven't created a blog yet, so for now only your Wunder Photos will appear here. If you wish to start adding entries into your own blog, you can click Create Blog.
whitewabit does not have any blog entries.
Wab, I can see your blogs - are you still seeing that message?
98. whitewabit
6:08 PM GMT on December 04, 2016
Why ( am I ) are we getting this ??

Category 6%u2122
Weather Blogs
News Stories
Infographics
Posters
My Blog
My Favorite Blogs
whitewabit's WunderBlog
No entries have been made.
Welcome to your blog!
whitewabit does not have any blog entries.
97. mwearl
4:34 PM GMT on December 03, 2016
Hendersonville Weather Station
Member Since: December 31, 1969 Posts: Comments:
96. Michelle Schlachta , Community Manager (Admin)
6:33 PM GMT on November 23, 2016
Quoting 95. Shivey:

When will Weather Underground load? It never loads completely.
If you are experiencing a technical issue please visit our support center at http://help.wunderground.com/. Click the "Contact Support" button (located underneath the search field on the upper right-hand side of the page) and fill out the form. You can also send an email to help@wunderground.com. Someone from our support team will contact you with assistance.
95. Shivey
9:10 PM GMT on November 19, 2016
When will Weather Underground load? It never loads completely.
92. washingtonian115
3:36 PM GMT on April 11, 2016
Yeah not sure how a particular blogger (ncst**m) on the main blog is allowed to take shots at others under the guise of "standing up to bullying" when I and others know their true intentions.It is not standing up for someone being bullied,it is taking the situation and turning it into a opportunity to take personal jabs at others who they are angry at.Their post stood and I only saw the post because my account was acting funny again (switching me in and out of being a member and a non member).Yet mine was deleted when I took the opportunity to stand up for myself.
91. Bogon
10:09 PM GMT on February 10, 2016
FYI, there are HTML codes that work fine with WU blogs.

Case in point: kämpft
90. BaltimoreBrian
1:32 AM GMT on November 20, 2015
Thanks for letting us know. It's not a big issue, but I am glad you are looking at it.
Member Since: December 31, 1969 Posts: Comments:
89. Michelle Schlachta , Community Manager (Admin)
5:08 PM GMT on November 19, 2015
Quoting 87. BaltimoreBrian:

I wish wunderground would allow posting letters with accents. Like k�mpft instead of kampft. See what happens to an a with an umlaut?
I'll make sure this known bug is still logged - sorry, I know it's a bit annoying.
88. HadesGodWyvern (Mod)
3:45 AM GMT on November 19, 2015
the accent characters only mess up if you try to edit a comment, I know for certain, and if a post is quoted by someone from what I've seen lately.

(it could possibly be that a page is not set to unicode format to cause the errors)
87. BaltimoreBrian
3:32 AM GMT on November 19, 2015
I wish wunderground would allow posting letters with accents. Like kmpft instead of kampft. See what happens to an a with an umlaut?
85. HadesGodWyvern (Mod)
2:47 PM GMT on November 11, 2015
Quoting 81. BaltimoreBrian:

The button for plussing blog entries has disappeared. The flag button is still up, on the right. Shouldn't the plus button be there also?

the coding is still in the script, but refuses to show on the page. =P
84. sandiquiz
1:18 PM GMT on November 11, 2015
Quoting 83. BaltimoreBrian:

Ped, I read that in earlier comments--I don't log on and off. Besides what's the point of a plus button that shows up only when logged off?

This made me smile - like you I do not log off, haven't for a couple of years! I can see the plus button on this comment of yours, it now has four folk who like it enough to plus it. :)
83. BaltimoreBrian
3:02 AM GMT on November 11, 2015
82. PedleyCA
2:45 AM GMT on November 11, 2015
Quoting 81. BaltimoreBrian:

It only shows when you are logged off in Firefox and Chrome. Same on IE11
81. BaltimoreBrian
2:30 AM GMT on November 11, 2015
Member Since: December 31, 1969 Posts: Comments:
80. Michelle Schlachta , Community Manager (Admin)
5:47 PM GMT on November 05, 2015
Quoting 79. Barefootontherocks:

Hello, thug.
I just got a popup telling me to upgrade my flash that was not from Adobe. Too clear the pop-up, I had to tell it "OK" or shut down my computer. Serious? I will email help also.

(edited after posting)
Thanks Barefootontherocks - help@wunderground.com is the right place to go for support with this.
79. Barefootontherocks
6:44 PM GMT on November 04, 2015
Hello, thug.

(edited after posting)
Member Since: December 31, 1969 Posts: Comments:
78. Michelle Schlachta , Community Manager (Admin)
5:56 PM GMT on August 31, 2015